[Obviously, a work in process.]
- Every Sunday
- Engine Inn, Cripplesease: ‘Sunday Shambles’ blues event on Sunday afternoon with Dr Dobro and guests. Facebook page here.
- Western Hotel Kettle and Wink, St Ives. Jam session. “Everyone welcome: play, sing or just listen.”
- Dreamer’s Folk Club, The Sportsman’s Arms, Four Lanes, Redruth, Cornwall, TR16 6LR. Regular open nights with occasional guest nights. (Seems to be once a month-ish.) 7.30 in the back room.
- 1st Sunday
- 2nd Sunday
- 3rd Sunday
- Cornish Arms, Hayle: impromptu session of Celtic music, dance and song. Joy or Frank, 01736-754976
- 4th Sunday
- Last Sunday
- Alternate Sundays:
- Every Monday
- Star Inn, St Just. Celtic/Irish music session
- Western Hotel Kettle and Wink, St Ives. Musicians unplugged.
- Fire Engine, Marazion: jam
- The Crown Session in Penzance, bottom of Bread St. 8:00 – 11:00pm, hosted by Alan Shepherd
- Local Vocalz choir rehearsals. Confusingly, an article in Hayle Pump says they’re at Passmore Edwards Institute, Hayle, whereas the club listings says St Elwyn’s Church (contact number given there is 07950-585787).
- Open Mic at the Rising Sun Inn, Calstock Road, Gunnislake, PL18 9BX. 01822-832201. Pub’s Facebook page is minimal and gives wrong postcode, but this site is better and mentions the event.
- 1st Monday
- 2nd Monday
- 3rd Monday
- 4th Monday
- Last Monday
- Every Tuesday
- Engine Inn, Cripplesease: Acoustic session. Facebook page here.
- Alexandra Inn, Alexandra Road, Penzance TR18 4LY. Open Mic every Tuesday 7.30-10.30.
- Studio Bar, Penzance: open mic
- Western Hotel Kettle and Wink, St Ives.
- St. Ives Jazz Club
- Sergeant Pepper’s Strawberry jam (“all the great songs from the 60s to noughties and beyond”)
- Kings Arms, Paul: bluegrass jam
- Folk sessions at the Falcon, Bude
- Folk on the Moor, Westward Inn, Lee Mill, PL21 9EE (Devon, near Ivybridge)
- Praze Hayle Choir: 7.30, Methodist Hall. Don Metcalf, 01736-757720
- Cadgwith: folk session and open mic
- Pirate Inn, Alverton, Penzance: Celtic, mostly tunes
Tues 20:30 · The Barley Sheaf · Truro
- 1st Tuesday
- 2nd Tuesday
- The St Tudy Inn is to host Spoken Word Evenings, formerly the Pendoggett Poetry Evening from 8pm on the 2nd Tuesday of each month, starting in March. March 14th. According to Fiona Sullivan: “Emily is going to offer a Poets Pot Luck for £10 each month but needs to know how many are coming and how many are vegetarian. Please book in advance with on 01208 850 656.” St Tudy, Bodmin PL30 3NN
- Songwriters Circle: Sonder Truro, 6 Princes Street, TR1 2ES Truro, Cornwall
- 3rd Tuesday
- 4th Tuesday
- Last Tuesday
- Every Wednesday
- Alternate Wednesdays:
- 1st Wednesday
- 2nd Wednesday
- 3rd Wednesday
- 4th Wednesday
- Last Wednesday
- Every Thursday
- Tinners Arms, Zennor. Live music.
- Star Inn, St Just. Open mic.
- Western Hotel Kettle and Wink, St Ives. Marmalade Mash acoustic jam session
- St Ives Arts Club, Westcott Quay: Cafe Frug: poets, storytellers, songwriters, musicians, jugglers. Of course, some songwriters also consider themselves to be musicians. 😉 ‘Bring your own wine.’
- Heyl St Piran Singers Ladies choir: Hayle Methodist Church Hall 7.30-9.30. Geraldine 01736-751710 or Ann 01736-752335
- Open mic/jam night: Red River Inn Gwithian
- 1st Thursday
- 2nd Thursday
- Cornish Arms, Hayle: open mic
- 3rd Thursday
- 4th Thursday
- Cornish Arms, Hayle: open mic
- Last Thursday
- Every Friday
- Western Hotel Kettle and Wink, St Ives. Songwriters night.
- Bodmin Folk Club: looks like a nice balance between open nights and guest nights. 8.15: Bodmin Band & Social Club, Honey Street, Bodmin PL31 2DL
- Cadgwith: Cadgwith singers (sea shanties by local fishermen)
- Open mic, Market Inn, Back Quay, Truro TR1 2LL. 01872 277214; firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1st Friday
- 2nd Friday
- Bird in Hand, Hayle. Open mic.
- 3rd Friday
- St. Ives library: St. Ives Poetry Workshop – 3rd Friday at 1.30pm.
- 4th Friday
- The Singing Cellar, Turk’s Head, Chapel Street, Penzance.
- Last Friday
- Every Saturday
- Union Inn, St Ives: open mic
- Western Hotel Kettle and Wink, St Ives: live music
- Ian Semple’s Saturday lunchtime programme (12.00-14.00) for Radio Penwith:’Ian Semple brings you news, views and stories from the Penwith area with an eclectic selection of music.
As an active musician, Ian performs in various venues and brings you a taste of some of the local talent available. He also has features and interviews with people from all walks of life.’
Ian runs an excellent open mic at the Engine Inn in Cripplesease (see above) on the last Friday of the month, and the equally good weekly Wednesday evening folk session at the Western Hotel in St Ives (also listed below).
Radio Penwith also has a Facebook page.
- 1st Saturday
- 2nd Saturday
- 3rd Saturday
- 4th Saturday
- Last Saturday
- Looe Folk & Acoustic Music Club The Jolly Sailor Inn, West Looe. Seems to be Saturdays, but not sure which. I guess you have to watch the Facebook page if you’re not local.